As we head into the final week before Christmas I have outlined below the major data releases to watch out for before the markets slow down for the Christmas break:
- Tuesday 19th - Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) minutes. The latest minutes from the RBA will show how the central bank voted and give clues as to what future monetary policy the RBA may have in store.
- Wednesday 20th - Bank of England Governor mark Carney is due to speak at 13:15. Nothing is expected to come from his speech but it is always one to keep an eye on.
- Thursday 21st - Gfk Cosumer confidence and Public Sector Net Borrowing figures
- Thursday 21st - US initial jobless claims data and US Gross Domestic Product (GDP) annualised figures.
- Thursday 21st - Canadian Retail Sales figures
- Friday 22nd - UK GDP Q3 figures
As you can see this week could still see plenty of movement on the currency market before things settle over the Christmas break. Should you need to get any transfers arranged and you would like assistance with your transfer then please get in touch.
Labels: AUD, CAD, GBP/EUR, GBP/USD, Mark Carney, RBA